Notes on how to properly and professionally use the camera equipment to create the best possible result for our films.
– Set dial to ‘movie camera’ icon
– Always have the lens set on MF
– Use the end ring of the lens to adjust the focus.
WHITE BALANCE: LIGHTING:
– Q – Set – Menu
– Then select the lighting choice.
– AV – use the (+) and (-) button
– Use the scroller to adjust
– Get the balance right ensure the lighting isn’t under or over exposed.
– Wheel near the shutter
– Change to shoot in slow motion.
Back Light – Use behind the subject:
Purpose is to provide definition and subtle highlights around the subject’s outlines. This helps separate from the background and provide a three-dimensional look.
Fill Light – Secondary light
Used to fill the shadows created by the key. Its usually softer and less bright than the main light. To get this, you can move the light further away or use it as a diffuser.
Key Light – Main light
Strongest and has the most influence on the look of the scene. It is placed to one side of the camera / subject so that this side is well lit and the other side is some shadow.